See the article on this page for more specific info for each program - PROGRAMS AND INFORMATION below
HOUSE: Registration is open. Our plan is to start in September the week the kids return to school. Your early registration is helpful and full refunds will be given should things change or you opt out right up until September 12, the first play date
FULL REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANYONE WHO OPTS OUT OR IF THE LOCAL SITUATION DEMANDS CHANGES.
What we are doing differently:
- Our Technical Director has developed practice plans to allow for distancing for our travel teams who resumed July 6. Those plans are working well. We are scheduling locations to keep numbers down, requiring coaches and congregating parents to wear masks and maintain distancing, cleaning equipment, reducing sharing of equipment, teaching the children to distance when not active in the games and following all state and local guidelines and US Soccer recommendations to date. We have had good cooperation and compliance and no issues related to health to date.
- Our goal is to continue to work on health and safety as we move into the fall. We are consulting with the school districts, private facilities and health advisors on how to continue to provide much needed exercise and activity for children
- We are forming a parent volunteer safety committee to help us monitor, advise and adjust as we become aware of more information or best practices.
- Games may be staggered to prevent large groups congregating at fields. Smaller rosters may be formed and we are considering some modifications to our game rules and team sizes as a solution. In all instances, we endeavor to not have hundreds at any location at any time. Only 2 spectators per player are allowed. Distancing on the sidelines. Masks when not actively playing, distancings and masks arriving and leaving, etc.
- We are in the process of developing a plan with the town and Village Glen for how to safely reduce the number of people and sanitize indoor soccer facilities.
- Please see the attachments on the article on our web page regarding travel Return to Play for more information regarding precautions and changes we will also incorporate into House and 6U
- We are open to ideas and advice to make this safe and fun for all and hope you will feel comfortable continuing to participate in Amherst Soccer
6 and Under: Early registration allows you to choose the Saturday morning session you prefer. Registration is open until the day we begin. Refunds will be given for change of mind or situation. These Saturday morning clinics provide the best option for distancing and activity for the little ones.
TRAVEL: Travel teams are being formed this month from lists of all who registered for Tryouts (no fee) to date. If you have not registered for tryouts by 8/12, contact us to inquire about space on a team. Teams are asking new players to attend practices over the next week or so. Shortly, expect an invitation to a team with an acceptance and first payment required within 5 days of receiving the invite to secure your space on the team and insure the player to allow participation. Our goal is to have all teams insured by Aug 30 to allow them to continue to practice outdoor and play some friendly games while the weather permits and to substitute for any potential loss or delay of school sports.
RETURN TO PLAY PLAN
NY STATE GUIDELINES FOR YOUTH SPORTS
PARENT AND PLAYERS FROM COACH CHRIS
Contact us with any questions or concerns.