The House Program runs an outdoor league in both the Spring and Fall and two Winter indoor sessions. Ages run from 6 to 18, depending on date of birth (please see the Age Matrix at our Registration Center). We will try to have a group for boys and girls in each of these divisions, some may be coed, based on the number of registrants. We also run an Instructional Under 6 Program during the year.
- How do I get on a Team?
- Coaches and Volunteers?
- Program Focus?
The House Program runs an outdoor league in both the Spring and Fall and two Winter Indoor sessions. For ages 6 to 18, depending on date of birth (please see the Age Matrix ). Some coed groups will be formed due to registration numbers . We also run an Instructional Under 6 Program during the year and a Pre-K indoor program.
- Age Requirements: Our House programs use combined age groupings as follows: Under 8 (7U and 8U), Under 10 (9U and 10U), Under 12 (11U and 12U), Under 14 Coed(13U and 14U) and High School Coed [15-18). Please see the Age Matrix at our Registration Center for further clarification. Please note that these dates are strictly adhered to. No exceptions will be made and no one is allowed to play outside their birth year age group. A birth certificate may be requested of a new player
- Fees: see registration page. Please register online with a credit card or complete all information online and send a check for the full amount to the address listed within 7 days to secure your place on a team. Registration dates are announced and listed for each program.
- Games: Eight games are played each session on Saturdays with an occasional Sunday at various fields throughout the Town of Amherst. Game times vary week-to-week anywhere between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Games are approximately 1 hour in length.
- Practices: There is generally one practice per week for outdoor programs at the time and location of the volunteer coach’s discretion. There are no practices for the indoor leagues.
- Team Assignments: Our volunteer coordinators do the best job they can to place the children on teams. Due to the complexity of this task, we cannot honor special requests. If it is important for you to have several children together, volunteer to coach. Siblings are kept together on a team within the same age division. We will, however, make an effort to keep players who register in the Spring with teammates from the Fall Season. Please remember we can only have as many teams as we have volunteers to coach. The number of participants may be limited by the availability of coaches. Therefore, those who register on time, but were last to be received, unfortunately may not be able to participate in the season (in these cases, refunds will be made).
- Focus of the Program: The emphasis of the House Program is on development of basic soccer skills, social interaction, teamwork and most importantly, having fun! Previous knowledge of soccer is not necessary. All children MUST play at least 50% of every game. Coaches should focus on basic skills and not winning or losing
- Eligibility: Amherst Soccer is open to children who reside within the boundaries of Williamsville, Amherst Central and Sweet Home School Districts. You must pay taxes to one of these school systems or live in the district even if you attend a private school.
- Registration Process: You can register online for any program. If you choose to send a check to register, complete the process online and exit before using a credit card. You must send a check within one week to ASA, PO Box 264, 14231 to complete the process.